We do not share California resident personal information with affiliates or third parties for the affiliates’ or third parties’ direct marketing purposes.
It is important to note that Community Trust Bank does not sell your data. To be clear, Community Trust Bank has not and will not disclose or sell any consumer Personal Information to third parties for a business or commercial purposes. Because such sales do not occur and would violate company policy, there is no link on our websites to opt-out of such activity.
California residents also have specific privacy rights provided by the California Consumer Privacy Act, as it may be amended from time to time. These include: (1) the right to request information from us regarding what categories of personal data we have collected about you; (2) the right to request a copy of the specific personal information collected about you during the last 12 months; (3) a limited right to have such information deleted (with exceptions); (4) the right to request that your personal information not be sold to third parties, if applicable; and (5) the right not to be discriminated against because you exercise your rights.
Changes to this Notice
We may add to, delete, or change the terms of this Online Privacy Statement from time to time by posting a notice of the change (or an amended Online Privacy Statement) at this website. Your continued use of our website or any online service following notification will constitute your agreement to the revised Online Privacy Statement.
If you have any questions regarding this Online Privacy Statement, you can call us at (800) 282-7762.
Notice and Policy for the California Consumer Privacy Act
Community Trust Bank is committed to maintaining the security of the personal information of our customers. The following describes the information we collect about you, how it may be shared, and your rights connected with that information.
Sources from Which We Obtain Information
- Information you provide to us when applying for or opening a deposit account or loan, or any related services
- Information received from credit reporting agencies
- Information from third-party identity verification services
- Job application with us
- Government entities
Use of the Information We Collect
- To approve or decline loan or deposit account applications
- To service those products and services you have with us
- To consider your job application for hiring; and with consultants and auditing firms, with information shared for institution risk analysis and mitigation.
Sharing and Disclosing of Information
We do not share your information except as allowed by law. We share information only with those vendors providing servicing of your products and services, and require they not sell, share, or use your information for any other purpose. We share information with consultants and auditors for institutional risk analysis and mitigation.
Selling of Information
We do not sell information. As noted above, it is a violation of company policy to sell client or consumer data. To be clear, Community Trust Bank has not disclosed or sold any personal information to third parties for a business or commercial purpose in the preceding 12 months. Therefore, there is no opt-out for the sale of data provided on our website, since there is no activity to opt out from.
- The right to know what personal information is collected about you.
- The right to access your personal information.
To obtain the specific information we have collected about you, please click here to email us with yours request. You may also obtain this form from any branch, or by phone, (800) 282-7762.
We will acknowledge your request within 10 business days, and will provide the requested information within 45 days. If we are not able to respond within 45 days, we will inform you and respond within an additional 45 days. You may request this information up to two times per 12 month period. We reserve the right to verify the legitimacy of all requests, using any information you have given us, or any transactional information we have.
We are prevented from providing the following:
- Your social security number
- Driver’s license or other government-issued identification number
- Financial account number
- Any health insurance or medical identification number (if we have it)
- Account passwords or security questions and answers
The right to have your information deleted.
Federal laws may govern our retention of your information, however anything we are not required to maintain under those guidelines may be deleted. We have a duty to fulfill contractual obligations and requested services.
Exceptions to our deletion responsibilities include information necessary to:
- Complete the transaction for which the information is collected
- Provide a good or service requested by you or reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you
- Perform a contract between us and you
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or to prosecute those responsible for that activity
- Debug to identify and repair errors
- To enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us
- Comply with a legal obligation;
Otherwise use your information internally in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
To request that information be deleted, please click here to email us with your request. You may also call us at (800) 282-7762.
- The right to non-discrimination for the exercise of your Consumer Privacy Rights under this Act.
- You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of your privacy rights conferred by the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).
- The right to allow an authorized agent to make a request.
You may designate an authorized agent to make a request under the CCPA on your behalf. We retain the right to verify the legitimacy of that designation, and to identify both you and the agent. We will identify you with information you have previously provided to us and with information about your account(s) or transactions.