Digital Card Issuance FAQs
What is Digital Issuance?
Digital Issuance allows cardholders to begin utilizing their consumer debit cards for tokenized Apple Pay payments immediately, while waiting on their physical card to arrive in the mail.
How does Digital Issuance work?
- Cardholder requests a new, reissue or replacement debit card.
- Install/Log into your CTBI consumer Mobile Banking app
- Select Wallet in the upper right-hand corner of the Accounts page
- Select the card you want to add to your Apple Pay Wallet
- Select Add to Apple Wallet, Agree to the Terms and Conditions
- Your card is ready to use with merchants who accept Apple Pay
- Make sure you activate your physical card as soon as it arrives. Once you activate your physical card, the expiration date and CVV on your digital card will update automatically.
**Standard Apple Pay provisioning rules may still apply**
When will my Community Trust Bank Visa Consumer Debit Card be available for use in my CTBI Mobile Wallet?
If you are a new consumer checking account customer or a customer requesting a reissue (same card number) because your current card is damaged, then your new card will be added to your CTBI Mobile Banking Wallet immediately.
If you are a cardholder requesting a replacement debit card (new card number) due to a lost/stolen/fraud scenario, your new consumer debit card will be available in your CTBI Mobile Banking Wallet the following business day.
Is my business card eligible for digital issuance to my Apple Pay Wallet?
At this time this feature is only available for our CTBI Visa Consumer Debit Cardholders.
What if I am asked to enter my PIN at a merchant?
If you are prompted for your PIN while performing an Apple Pay transaction prior to receipt of your PIN mailer you can ask to process the transaction as credit.
I am currently using Samsung Pay, do I also have this option?
At this time this feature is only available to our CTBI Visa Consumer Debit Cardholders that participate in Apple Pay.
Who do I contact if I have questions or need assistance in adding my card to Apple Pay?
Please contact Customer Service at 1-888-443-8504 or your local branch.