Identity theft is a serious matter to Community Trust Bank. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft that has compromised your Community Trust account(s), please take the following actions:
- Report the incident to Community Trust Bank.
- Notify your local law enforcement agency and ask to file an Identity Theft Report.
- Report the incident to the Federal Trade Commission's Identity Theft Hotline at 877-ID-THEFT (877-438-4338). The FTC enters Internet, telemarketing, identity theft, and other fraud-related complaints into Consumer Sentinel, a secure, online database available to hundreds of civil and criminal law enforcement agencies in the U.S. and abroad.
- Call the fraud departments of all three major credit reporting agencies and ask them to put a "fraud alert" on your file. This tells creditors to call you before they open any more accounts in your name.
- Equifax: To report fraud, call 800-525-6285. To order a report call 800-685-1111.
- Experian: To order a report or to report fraud, call 888-397-3742.
- TransUnion: To report fraud, call 800-680-7289. To order your report, call 800-916-8800.