How to make a Business Mobile Remote Capture Deposit
As a CTB Mobile Remote Deposit Capture customer you will use the following steps to submit a check deposit via your mobile device.
- After launching the Mobile App, select Check Deposit in the global navigation menu.
Note: Standard Business Mobile Remote Deposit Capture limits per Business Mobile account are $5,000.00 per check, $5,000.00 per day and $10,000.00 total over 20 business days. A Mobile Deposit must be received by 4:00 PM ET in order for it to be processed on the current business day. If deposit is made after 4:00 PM ET or on a day that is not a business day, the funds will not be available until the second business day. For example, if you make a Mobile Deposit on Friday at 5:00 PM ET, we will process the transaction on Monday and your funds will be available on Tuesday. If December 24th falls on a business day, the cut off time for mobile deposits will be 11:00 am ET. Sign or stamp the back of the check(s) and add: For Mobile Deposit Only at Community Trust Bank. You will be notified via email once your deposit has been approved. Sign or stamp the back of the check(s) and add: For Mobile Deposit Only. You will be notified via email once your deposit has been approved.
- The Check Deposit screen appears which presents guidelines for making deposits.
Select Continue to review the Notice disclosure.
After reading the Notice disclosure Select Continue again.
- The Check Deposit screen appears.
On this screen you have five fields that must be completed:
Front: Capture an image of the front of your check.
Back: Capture an image of the back of your check.
Amount: Enter the amount of the check you are depositing.
Deposit To: Choose the account to receive the deposit.
Email Receipt To: Choose an email address where a receipt of the deposit will be sent.
- Start by selecting Front to capture an image of your check. The device camera launches within the Mobile Banking app. Corner icons are displayed so that you can align the check within the available boundaries. A camera icon appears allowing you to capture the image. An X also appears which allows you to cancel the image capture.
You can also obtain instructions on how to capture a check image by selecting the info icon.
Select the camera to take the picture of the check.
After capturing the image, the camera icon changes to an image of a checkmark. Select the checkmark button to accept the photo and save the check image.
On the left, the X changes to a red button with a circular arrow allowing you to go back and attempt another capture if necessary.
- After selecting the checkmark, the Deposit Check screen appears, this time showing a smaller version of the image captured from the front of the check. Select Back to capture the endorsed side of the check.
- The check itself should now be endorsed before the image is captured. Checks should be (written or stamped) endorsed with:
And the following words
"For Mobile Deposit Only at Community Trust Bank"
Select the camera icon to launch the device camera within the Mobile Banking app. Corner icons will be displayed so that you can align the check within the available boundaries and capture the image. An X also appears which allows you to cancel the image capture.
- After capturing the image, the camera icon changes to an image of a checkmark. Select the checkmark button to accept the photo and save the check image. On the left, the X changes to a red button with a circular arrow allowing you to go back and attempt another capture if necessary.
- After selecting OK, the check deposit screen appears, this time showing a smaller version of the image captured from both the front and back of the check.
Select Amount to enter the dollar amount of the check deposit.
- A number pad launches within the app.
Enter the dollar amount of the deposit exactly as it appears on the check including dollars and cents.
Note: Per check amount cannot exceed $5,000.00
When complete, select Done to store the amount of the check being deposited.
- After entering the amount, the Deposit Check screen appears, showing the amount of the check you are attempting to deposit.
Select the Deposit To field in order to select the account into which the funds will be placed.
- A list of eligible accounts appears.
Select the account to receive the deposit from the list of eligible accounts.
- The Check Deposit screen appears again. You will need to enter an email address for a receipt of the deposit.
- Now that all the fields are completed, you should see the front and back image of your check, along with the amount, account to accept the deposit, and the email where you would like a receipt delivered.
Select Cancel to end the process of depositing a check or select Continue to proceed.
- The screen darkens and a pinwheel icon appears, indicating that the deposit information is being uploaded.
At this point, the system is checking over the supplied check image, and payment information for issues such as blurry text, cut-off images, and missing information.
You will be prompted to resupply any pieces of information that are not included or accepted before you can continue.
- If the system accepts your check images and deposit information, the continue button at the bottom of the screen is replaced with a button labeled "Approve".
You can still cancel the deposit at this time by selecting the Cancel button.
Select Approve to upload the check information and continue.
- The pinwheel icon appears again, indicating that the deposit information is being submitted.
- The Deposit Complete screen appears showing information about the deposit that was just made. There is also an indication at the top of the screen that the deposit has been successfully scheduled.
Selecting Back to Check Deposit returns you to the initial RDC screen where you can choose to make another deposit or review deposit history.
Note: Once the deposit has been made, it is up to the Item Processing area to ensure that the check is eligible for deposit. Various pieces such as accurate amount, account information, duplicate, etc. are reviewed. You will receive email confirmation when the check has been accepted. Conversely when the check is denied, an email is also sent to you. You will need to contact our Online Service Department at 1.866.899.3181 for more information on why RDC deposits were denied.